- UPDATE! EXTRA! PAPER LATE! Video of appearance on Fox News of noted AGW skeptics McKitrick and McIntyre. AGW evangelists were invited but played “Brave Sir Robin“.
- ClimateGatekeeping: Wikipedia Edition
- The monkey business of UN climate head honcho Rajendra Pachauri . Don’t miss Strata’s commentary.
- FEATURED: The perils of global warming models. “If a model has not been proven to fully reflect reality, then it has very limited use and should be treated like a horoscope.”
- Global Warning in the past beneficial for China? (H/t: Jerry Pournelle)
- A telling omission by realclimate.org. (H/t JCM@C2)
We’ve all pretty much had it up to our keesters with the brusque and dismissive treatment that commenters who don’t agree with the RC world view get over there. This is why many of us have simply given up trying, there’s no point in attempting to have a relevant and open discussion there anymore.
It should be foremost on the minds of many that the RealClimate.org webserver domain is funded by Fenton Communications, an eco media group. Further, our tax dollars pay the salaries of people like Dr. Gavin Schmidt of NASA GISS who has been (according to several post and comment times noted) using his taxpayer paid time at work to participate in that blog.
One of the missions of RC (Actually most of the mission, as it was setup as a response to the McIntyre and McKitrick paper in E&E, ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT VOLUME 14 NUMBER 6, November 1st 2003) is to counter skeptical arguments. One of the ways they do this in to provide a list of people they disagree with, with links to rebuttals.
- … and still yesterday’s two foot of GoreFlakes™ in the NorthEast haven’t melted yet Federal agencies get ‘snow day’ on Monday
- Dominic Lawson in the Sunday Times: “Glad tidings all around” (h/t PaladinPhil). Just one of many nuggets: “The most interesting of those leaked [CRU] emails came from Kevin Trenberth, head of the climate analysis section of the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Colorado. After observing — this was an email dated October 12, 2009 — that in freezing Boulder, “We have broken records the past two days for the coldest days on record … it smashed the previous records for these days by 10F”, Trenberth turned to the fact that the planet’s average temperature over the past 10 years seemed to have been static and wrote: “The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of global warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t.” Two days later he reiterated: “We cannot account for what is happening in the climate system.”
- Eurostar train service suspended indefinitely due to severe weather conditions in northern France. Oh divine irony (H/t: Russkilitlover)
- more updates to come as the day progresses