Today’s Whiskey Tango Echo Foxtrot (what the everloving …) award goes to a post by Bishop Hill (via WUWT), who reports that:
This morning I contacted Norfolk Constabulary with a view to finding out if they had yet ascertained whether the breach at the Climatic Research Unit was a leak or a hack. I have just received a response which is frankly amazing:
Norfolk Constabulary continues its investigations into criminal offences in relation to a data breach at the University of East Anglia. During the enquiry officers have been working in liaison with the Office of the Information Commissioner and with officers from the National Domestic Extremism Team. The UEA continues to co-operate with the enquiry however major investigations of this nature are of necessity very detailed and as a consequence can take time to reach a conclusion. It would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage.
The National Domestic Extremism Team? Words fail me.
Me too. A followup post suggests that this is actually becoming almost standard operating procedure in England, even for minor crimes, just to get around “inconvenient” restrictions on an investigation.
- Joseph Bast: opinion poll among scientists reveals most believe in AGW, but distrust the models that “prove” AGW. Some “settled science” ;-)
- Art Horn: Your television loved glowbull worming .
- All of Britain covered in snow?
- Knoxville, TN (Instapundit Home Base): On Sunday, forecasters are anticipating the ninth consecutive day when high temperatures won’t get above the freezing mark — making the current cold spell the longest since a 10-day stretch in February 1895.
- Insty snarks: At least there are no frozen iguanas falling from the trees. and “Nobody tell Prince Charles.” I will not make jokes about the Johnson of Prince Charles, or about lizards being frozen out of trees, or about stoats and weasels… “I can learn to resist anything but temptation…”
- Bob Bradley (again via WUWT) notes AGW-skeptic voices are beginning to speak up within academia and the MSM.
- From peer review to Peer-to-peer review, part 1. There are in fact numerous reasons, unrelated to ClimateGate, that are making some scientists (and not necessarily crackpots or cranks) wonder whether the traditional peer review model isn’t nearing the end of the road.
- More updates to follow as the day progresses.
One audio comment about all this though: Metallica: The more I see, the less I believe. And one video comment:
“Show me, don’t tell me” indeed.
UPDATE: Classical Values points to examples of AGW alarmist calling for the imprisonment, or even execution, of deniers.