Today is (so far) a somewhat slow day for ClimateGate news. Still some good stuff:
Tim Blair (hat tip: Pi Guy): Copenhatin’: something is rioting in Denmark: ., about the riots there.We’re now (in two batches) over 1,000 arrests, and — oh delicious irony — the protesters are complaining about “being forced to sit on the road for hours in near-freezing temperatures”.
- Protestors trash house of UC Berkeley chancellor in protest against tuition fee hikes. “No justice, no peas!” Googling turned up one amusing headline referencing “Birkenstock-wearing goons” 🙂
- whether or not you care for Berlusconi, this is thuggery.
Watts Up With That continues to pump out good stuff:
- Frigid folly: on Antarctica station siting issues
- Lots of new snow and cold records in the USA this past week.
- In case you missed it yesterday, AP’s Seth Borenstein is just too cozy with the people he covers. The following CRU email speaks for itself:
Kevin, Gavin, Mike,
It’s Seth again. Attached is a paper in JGR today that
Marc Morano is hyping wildly. It’s in a legit journal. Whatchya think?
Associated Press Science Writer
The Associated Press, 1100 13th St. NW, Suite 700,
More updates will follow as the day progresses.
UPDATE: more climate data disappearing down the memory hole. Whew… but don’t color me surprised.