- Clive Crook [heh] at The Atlantic: “The response of the climate-science establishment to Climategate has been disappointing if predictable. The guild mentality has come to the fore. Campaigns are under way to defend the integrity of science from a scurrilous smear campaign. The message is simple: you are either with us or you are a barbarian.”
- Europol reports massive fraud in the indulgences carbon credits market. I am shocked, shocked, I tell you!
- Al Gore reads junk science junk poem on CNN. I guess the Vogons are getting some competition. See also here. [Update: Robomonkey has a “Darth Vader angle”.]
- Hockey stick observed in NOAA ice data. Only one ‘inconvenient truth’ problem: it starts way too early, and is not unique.
- Urban heat island effects: so easy to spot, a 6th grader can do it
- Iain Murray: “The Goracle’s political tin ear“
- Older but good: Bill Whittle channels Eisenhower on ClimateGate
- Times of London: Scientist pressured to sign petition supporting the “professional integrity” of climate research. From “seek the truth wherever you may find it” to “don’t you step out of line!”
- NEW: Frank Tipler: “In postmodern math, 2+2=4 is just a matter of opinion” Orwellian indeed.
- NEW: Christoper Horner: “Nothing surprising in leaked Copenhagen draft“
- More updates to follow as the day proceeds!