…in response to pleas by organizers afraid of sudden blizzards if ManBearPig does show up? [Top story on memeorandum.]
Don Surber reports (gee, never imagined he’d have a headline in Danish :-)) that the 3,000 plus people who paid over 1,200 a head for a handshake opportunity and a light snack would get their money back.
In related news:
- Trofim LysenkoJames Hansen compares global warming to slavery and Nazism
- Barbara Boxer of course thinksquacks that the real climategate crime is the leaking of the CRU emails. American Digest comments that perhaps somebody ought to remind the “Senator” that she’s not an English MP and has no standing to order parliamentary inquiries outside the USA…
- WSJ: The real Copenhagen agenda. The UN’s climate chief tells it all.
- “So where’s the ‘oh, snap!’ Email?” (guest post by the Planet Gore guy at Watts Up With That)
- Today’s Best of the Web has lots of good ClimateGate stuff
- Must-read: Head of climate research at Georgia Tech, Judith Curry, courageously guest-posts at skeptic site climateaudit.org. She fundamentally subscribes to the strong AGW thesis but deplores the “tribalism” and lack of transparency of her colleagues. I may blog this one separately later, time permitting.
- Copenhagen promoted as a “social justice” moment? (H/t: JCM, who just coined the acronym GGW = Gramscian Global Warming, in response)
- Michael Mann [!] breaking ranks with Phil Jones? (h/t: Insty)
- more updates to follow here as the day progresses
- Daniel Henninger in WSJ: “the science credibility bubble“. This one is just… painful.
- And… snow falling in Houston, TX!