Thus Glenn Reynolds (author of the book of the same name) describes the picking apart of ClimateGate.
More ClimateGate links:
- Roger Simon: “Time to postpone Copenhagen“
- Jonathan Adler: “Say goodbye to ‘We are the experts’“
- Jonathan Leake [sic] in The Times: “Climate Change data dumped“. See also Tigerhawk. Gee, why would anybody want to discard such valuable original research data? This is starting to remind me more and more of Cyril Burt’s identical twins…
- Daily Telegraph: “The worst scientific scandal of our times“
- U of East Anglia’s U-Turn
- “Snork” at The Blogmocracy fisks a mind-boggling essay a mind-boggling essay in which Mike Hulme argues for “post-normal” science (a.k.a. “science in the service of a higher truth”). Snork correctly calls this “pre-Galilean science”. Interestingly enough, this Hulme argued some time ago that AGW evangelists were shooting themselves in the foot with their most alarmist predictions…
- Ron Rosenbaum (author of “Explaining Hitler “, may his name be erased) : The disgusting use of “Denialist” by warming advocates trivializes the Holocaust. This one is personal for me, not just business.
- Michael Barone: “Garbage in, garbage out“
- Lorrie Goldstein in the Toronto Sun dishes up some highlights from the programmer’s comments file (complete 274-page original here) “Botch after botch after botch” indeed.
- stay tuned for further links as the day progresses!
I’d rather trust a man who doesn’t shout what he’s found
There’s no need to sell if you’re homeward bound
If I choose his side
He won’t take me for a ride….
(Genesis, “The Chamber of 32 Doors“)
Postscript: Heh. (H/t: Ace)