Instapundit is on a snark roll today. A few highlights collected by him:
- HEH: “Taking a private jet to a conference on stopping global warming is a bit like traveling in a sedan chair carried by indentured servants to a summit on stopping human trafficking.” Plus, “It’s too cold to walk from the hotel to the convention on global warming. Let’s take a limo!”
- OUCH: “Considering LiveAid’s success at ending hunger in Africa, I’m awfully glad newspapers are finally applying this model to global warming. There’s nothing like the sight of fifty-four newspapers performing a synchronized exercise in smug self-congratulation to induce life-altering change.” Plus this: “If fifty-four newspapers had wanted to make a serious statement about the environment that their readers were sure to pay attention to, they might have stopped printing and distributing their energy intensive product for a day.”
- ANN ALTHOUSE: “Affirm? We’re doing affirmations now? ‘Skeptics’… affirmations… is this religion?” Glenn adds: Fallen Angels doesn’t seem like such a stretch at the moment . . . .
- And speaking of which, here is Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle, and Mike Flynn’s Fallen Angels (eBook) at the Baen Free Library
- WSJ editorial: “An inconvenient democracy“, on the CO2 end-run around the democratic process being done via the EPA.
- The Copenhagen Concoction: The U.N.’s climate confab runs into the reality of costs and science.
- Claudia Rosett on ClimateGate: “Beyond the sleazy science and rotten economics“. Kudos to her also for coining the priceless neologism “climate-klatura”
- More updates to follow as the day progresses
- The Copenhagen Diagnosis Fails Logic 101